[at-l] Dealing with medical issues on the trail

WILLIAM D VINCENT vincentw at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 5 06:57:29 CDT 2010

I'm busy planning a 2011 thru hike attempt.  I'm an insulin dependent diabetic and take three shots a day.  That means three syringes  and individualized packaging X 5-6 days that I will need to pack in and pack out.  Plus a weekly PO visit to pick replacements.  Several folks have told me my medication needs will reduce but I will probably need to start at my current level and it is very unlikely that I could ever come off the meds completely.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a particular brand of syringes that will minimize the packaging leftovers?  I'm currently using Monoject.

                            thanks Cold Kettle