[at-l] My shoulder surgery is scheduled...

Teresa French Wench WenchAT03 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 9 18:10:57 CDT 2010

EW,
My dad was 60 +/- when he had his throwing shoulder "cleaned out" and his
rotator cuff repaired (not arthroscopically).  I'd say he was back playing
ball in 6 months and 100% a couple of months after that.  It kinda ticks me
off because I *didn't* have rotator cuff tear and I STILL have issues with
my shoulder.  One of these days I'll get it checked out again.  It's been 12
years since my surgery for impingement.  Pa Wench is still playing ball a
couple of days a week and tournaments once a month and the shoulder is
excellent.  His non-throwing shoulder hurts now, but he'll probably wait a
bit to have that one checked out. After all, it doesn't affect his
ball-playing much.  ;-)

What is the reason for the padded brace?  Most I know just had a sling, and
PT started a few days after surgery.  You will do just fine, and be back to
"normal" in no time!

:-)
Wench

2003 Appalachian Trail Journal at www.trailjournals.com/wench