[at-l] 2011 Dates for Appalachian Trail Institute and Smart Start

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 10:15:04 CST 2011

Gathering '01: Yes, that was abhorrent behavior.

AT-$-charge cheats: I bought one night from the AMC on my throughhike, and one night hiking through with the boys. All the rest were "cowboy" "stealth" *illegal*. Likewise, when the boys and I hit Baxter, our first night was unauthorized, unpaid, and thereby illegal. Were there a contest on how to escape charges for hiking, I'm quite sure I could garner a podium finish. Further, I have posted a "How to Stealth-camp the Whites" post on numerous occassions, encouraging others to do the same. I don't know the particulars of the AT-access/insurance-related charge issue of which you wrote, but it sounds like the same thing as I've done -- including the encouragement of others -- to me.

potcallingthepotblacktoe