[at-l] On-line Companion

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 29 10:58:15 CST 2011

There were good reasons for putting the Companion online.  It's good advertising for both the book and the organization, and oddly enough, having it freely available actually means selling more hard copies.  People get a chance to see what they're buying.

My biggest issue with this is I think that making this kind of change is something that should be discussed at an ALDHA meeting open to all the membership
 before being implemented.  Probably most people will go along with the change, since the idea that offering a free version actually increases sales is counter-intuitive, though it has been proved in the publishing world, but it is still something that should be open to the entire membership to decide.

Ginny & Jim