[at-l] Loyalsock Trail

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:35:47 CDT 2011

Finally got around to doing the Loyalsock Trail... managed to talk a friend
into it so we could set up a car drop. Otherwise you need to arrange a
shuttle.
The trail is in north-central Pa, on the ridges paralleling the creek.
Typical of Pa trails it's vertical from most of the road crossings and then
flat along the ridges, so when it's hard it's a beast, but when it's easy
it's VERY easy. Lots of waterfalls, good views if they're not hazed in.
Didn't see any bear or rattlesnakes, did see one porky and a few whitetail.

Amazingly, end of June in Pa and the weather was low to mid 70's. A bit
humid, but no where near as hot as I feared it would be.
Nice thing was, pack with five days of food and fuel (but no water) was less
than 26 pounds :-)

skeeter