[at-l] advice needed

Renee Swicegood hankrenee at charter.net
Wed Jul 6 10:15:27 CDT 2011

Welcome to the list, Mary.  Praying you and your scouts have a wonderful
time.

I would suggest you get the PDF version of the ALDHA Companion
(Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association's guide to things like
shelters, special rules about things (fires, areas where camping is not
allowed, etc.), established camping spots, springs that are not right on
the trail, and other water sources) and print out the applicable pages
to carry with you.  This can be obtained here:
http://www.aldha.org/comp_pdf.htm

It might also be a good idea to have someone who has hiked the AT come
and talk to the girls before they hike.  The people on this list can
likely help find someone in your area who is qualified and willing to do
this.

She-Dino (female half of the Frolicking Dinosaurs)