[at-l] Gathered?

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 05:21:06 CDT 2011

I'm walking. That's not Gathering, but it *is* walking. About a hour at a shot. Beautiful sunlight this past weekend (very Concord College), beautiful moonlight last night (very.... moony).

I've *thought* about hiking so much, recently. I feel I'm going nuts. (Yes, I said "going.") It feels like the other end of Re-Entry. (Both of those -- the longing and the returning -- are very Gather-ish, eh?)

I am thinking about Christmas -- I will probably miss a hike again, which sucks in its own right, but then too, where would I go? I so enjoyed heading from Fontana down to Springer for New Year's Eve a few years back, but could I do it again? Even the faint company I had (2000 milers heading in) was fun, but that would be lost on a "new" alternative. Hmmmm.

No, no Gather here...

sloW toe