[at-l] Therma rest repair

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 16:04:27 CDT 2011

--- On Sat, 9/3/11, Ryan Crawford <nayrdrofwarc at gmail.com> wrote:
 I guess the 'pockets/veins' the air goes into as you inflate it
> must have 'ruptured' and turned into one big pocket of air
> instead.
>
> Anyway of correcting the problem?  Or do you just junk it.

### Well, if you've determined to junk it, I'd give a hot iron a shot -- my guess is that the place where delamination has occurred is probably obvious -- I'd heat up an iron (set it on "broil", I guess), test a few spots on the edges to see where things start to melt, and with a lot of patience, try to heat the whole business up. I don't think it would work (or else, every Thermarest left in the hot sun would be ruined), but if it *did* work, that would be awesome, too.

just call me,
foampadtoe