[at-l] Rock collection

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 07:26:16 CST 2012

True, there is no stack at Springer but stuff has been left!

On my southbound section hike I carried a piece of Katahdin. (This was to
balance the mass I had displaced by carrying a piece of Springer
northbound). I placed it under the ledge that contains the metal drawer with
register book. Also tucked in around the edges, some about 1 foot in, were
some crystals & at least one painted stone. So there isn't a large number
but some of us have left things. Of course the stones can be collected away
much more easily than at the Katahdin summit. Just walk a mile on flat
terrain from FR42. -RD

You can see one of the painted stones in this picture, taken late June,
2007. Anyone know "WLMB" from 2004??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rd97/6851359609/in/photostream