[at-l] Continental Divide Trail

HERB DAVIS drherb49 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:40:02 CDT 2013

I was watching a show (Walking the Continental Divide Trail) on UNC Public TV about hiking the Continental Divide Trail.  I know it was an old show.  The program was OK (it was hiking) but it really caught my attention when the host interviewed two hikers, Bald Eagle and Spirit Eagle.  Eventually I realized it was none other than Jim and Ginny Owens.  I think I remember when they got married because I might have sent Jim a note telling him he was a lucky guy.  I think I remember them as hosts at a Inn up in VA.  Anyway, it's always great to see old AT-L folks now that my hikes are not as frequent or long; will try to do some northern sections this fall and maybe even a Grayson to Damascus hike.  herb