[at-l] One more thing...

Indy toe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 09:17:55 CDT 2018

I went hiking last weekend -- Saturday's edition was for 4 hours between rain clouds.
Got back to the basecamp/cabin for a shower, and discovered a tick burrowed onto my
rib cage. Four HOURS max. was all the little bugger had.

It was smaller than ye olde' dog tick: a white star identified it as a female Lone Star tick.
Already burrowed in, it *also* had injected enough goober that the area was raised/itchy
about 0.5" high, but 1.5" wide[!!].... It's now 8 days from then, and it's still discernible.
I've never seen such speed of embedding or of 'alergen' injection, in my life. WOW.
But in reading up on these (expanding-range!!!) puppies, it seems common.

LESSON: Be even MORE vigilant -- there's no 24 hour or 48 hour window with these bastards.

Solvitur Ambulando.