[at-l] Start date

Art Cloutman art at crystalacresnh.com
Sat Feb 2 11:38:09 CST 2019

People used to start the AT northbound in early May.  Then April became the time to start but as the trail became more popular nobos chose March to avoid the crowds.  Now many have pushed to early March and February. Colder weather and short days makes this a bit tougher hike.  I think mid April is ideal.  Finish in October getting the best Fall Foliage colors and an end to bugs.  Have a great hike.
Art Cloutman
1-(603)-998-4883