[cdt-l] Pepper Spray?

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 08:59:54 CDT 2007

I did not carry pepper spray and hiked solo for all but perhaps 4 days solo from Canada until the last day in Yellowstone.

Why? It is not that that I fearless or think it is un-needed gear. It is just that I wanted to deal with nature on its own terms. That carrying pepper spray, for me, means I was carrying ore than just the canister. It meant I would also be carrying precautions and be in the wilderness with something else on my mind.

Perhaps I was fool hardy. Perhaps I was overly romantic.

But I did not get carry bear spray.

YMMV.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com