[cdt-l] Glacier National Park info and question

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 00:14:35 CDT 2007

Guys,
  I spoke with a Ranger in Glacier today and she indicated that the section of trail through the burn area is open (the section through Red Eagle).  However, the campsite isn't slated to be open until August 8th.  However, Reynolds Creek and Atlantic Creek sites are open (barring bear activity that would cause it to close) so it would be about a 24 mile day through that section if you chose to walk it.  She did tell me that the bridges in the Red Eagle area wouldn't be in.  My question is...who remembers what those fords would be like...I know each year is different but I hiked through there last June with PoD, Disco, Skittles, Matti and Pi and I can't remember what the fords would have been like without the bridges.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
  NITRO