[cdt-l] What to do after the CDT?

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 10 14:35:56 CST 2007

The commonly hiked progression of AT, PCT to CDT leads the hiker to wanting
the next trail that is a little longer and a little wilder with more
"misplaced trail", more challenging cross country of the sunup to sundown
version with barely double digits travelled, with even wilder wilderness
containing fewer fellow hikers, fewer resupply opportunities that are even
farther from the trail (route), trail angels of the clueless serendipity
kind (helpers that have no idea what ld hiking is but love the idea of
helping your adventure along). Is this what you're looking for? You'll find
all this and less water on the western 3000 miles of the American Discovery
Trail.  I didn't even mention the flora and fauna sightings, the varied
ecozones, the deserts, basins and ranges that will be new to you.

Happy Hiking!

Marcia
...GottaWalk to feed my happy hiking habit