[cdt-l] Water treatment survey

FJ ephja at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 00:06:58 CST 2007

I used Aqua Mira when I treated last year on the CDT.  Really didn't even use it that much except either.  Probably less than 2 packets of it all told.  If I got water from a pipe I considered it good.  The only water I treated was standing in some kind of holding tank or showing definite signs of contamination.  Never got sick.

As for the Sawyer product, I wouldn't recommend it for the CDT.  I tested the model that comes on a Lexan bottle last fall on a trip in Utah.  It was very difficult to drink from. To me it seemed like a vacuum was forming making it hard to draw water through the filter.  After speaking to the rep, he noticed the same thing in a demo here in Colorado.  It seems like the altitude here makes it more difficult to draw the water through it.  Probably better suited for lower elevations than the CDT has.

====> sidewinder