[cdt-l] Numbers

Campy campydog at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 15:16:58 CDT 2007

Hi:

Yes - lots of ways to slice statistics. The overall downward trend in
hiker numbers is detectable in a variety of ways. In 1987 we chose the
following slice when we decided to sell our mountaineering equipment
business (Mountain High Ltd.) in 1987:

"How many colleges still schedule backpacking courses?".

When the forest service's wilderness permit program continued to expand
and the college backpacking course offerings dropped to zero, we sold.
==^=== Campy