[cdt-l] cdt-l Digest, Vol 44, Issue 4

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:27:46 CDT 2007

Nacona said:

>Bald Eagle and I are also planning to start June 15.
>But it sounds like it will be a bit of a crowd that
>day....so we may have to wait a day or two to get

That is a real issue.  Campsites are limited, and if there is still a lot of 
snow (likely June 15) some of the campsites will be closed - either entirely 
or partly.  In 1999 we had one campsite with two out of five tentsites open 
and another with only one; at least two campgrounds were completely closed.  
We were the only hikers going through (around June 20) so had little trouble 
getting a permit.  With a lot of you going through at the same time, you'll 
need to have some go north to south, some south to north, some from Chief 
Mountain and some from Waterton in order to spread out the group in order to 
get reservations.  Or you'll have to wait a few days for the crowd to thin 
out.  You may have to carry a bear canister if enough campsites are closed 
because of snow.  (If the bear pole isn't clear, the campsite is closed.)


Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN 

More information about the Cdt-l mailing list