[cdt-l] Digital camera ideas?

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 12:41:50 CDT 2007

My digital camera has croaked. A shame, the only thing wrong with it is
the button. No parts are available as the camera is discontinued. My
local camera shop was told by Olympus it would cost ~$150 to fix. :O

Looking at prices, I can find newer cameras in the price range.

So I am now in the market for a camera. I am looking for a point and shoot camera. Preferably with the following criteria:

-I have many xD cards, so Olympus or Fujitsu is preferred

-Runs on AA batteries

-The last one is a toughy: I prefer an optical viewfinder as it is how I take pictures AND it saves battery life

Any suggestions? Price range no more than $200-$250

Many thanks fellow hikers!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com