[cdt-l] Great divide basin Timing

doug-sue1 doug-sue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 4 09:49:17 CST 2007

Sly, great pics of the Great Basin.
-Doug (RedDoug- RD)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Slyatpct at aol.com
  To: cdt-l at backcountry.net
  Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [cdt-l] Great divide basin Timing

   doug-sue1 at sbcglobal.net writes:
    I never knew this about the Great Basin before.  The information one picks up around here is amazing, and most useful!  I wonder what the average passing time thru the Basin is?

  As northbounders, we went through mid July, during an apparent heatwave, and it lived up to it's expectations, hot!  Although flat, fast and easy, it had to be the some of the most severe and demanding hiking of the entire trail.  We'd mostly start before dawn, hike til 1PM, siesta'd under Swiss's ground cloth til 4 or 5PM and hike again til dusk.  Still, it was quite beautiful in it's own way.  Lots of wildlife and amazing sunrises and sunsets.

  Bring your own shade....

  http://gallery.backcountry.net/album25/aas

  Sly