[cdt-l] Looking for a good solo and two-person CDT tent

Alistair and Gail Des Moulins aandg at telusplanet.net
Mon Mar 5 14:41:22 CST 2007

Gail and I used a Big Agnes Seedhouse 2SL which weighs just over 3 pounds.
It was easy to put up and we had no condensation issues. We bought it in
early 2005 and used it for 50+ nights in New Zealand and the Grand Canyon.
By the time we got to Rawlins, southbound, last year both the inner and
flysheet zippers had failed. We got some clips to hold the zips shut and
called Big Agnes in Steamboat to see whether they would help us when we got
there.
We went to Big Agnes in Steamboat and they replaced the whole tent saying
that was easier for them than replacing the zippers. The material of the
tent was still in perfect shape after 160+ nights. They said they'd not
heard of zipper problems like that before but probably not too many people
had put their tents through what we had.
So I can very much recommend Big Agnes for customer service as well as their
tents.

Alistair