[cdt-l] Good Nobo Journal, San Juans included

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:41:56 CDT 2007

I don't  know how good it is, but our journal from last year was northbound
- http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/.  We did the San Juans, except for two
small detours - first from Blue Lake to Elwood Pass in the South San Juans
and then around the Knife Edge down Trout Creek and  back up.  We didn't use
either crampons or an ice axe (hence the detour around the Knife Edge, which
is the only place  we really might have needed the axe.)  But we didn't
enter the San Juans until June.

Ginny