[cdt-l] Pepper Spray?

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:41:28 CDT 2007

We've hiked the CDT twice, didn't carry spray either time, wouldn't do it
again.  We've also hiked in Canada, Alaska and the Abasarokas sans spray.
We've seen grizzlies on each of our hikes but had no difficult encounters.
Learn how to handle bears without the spray, then decide whether you will
feel more comfortable with it.  We never felt it worth the weight.  We'd
rather make noise as we hike and keep a clean camp.

Ginny & Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/