[Cdt-l] PCT vs. CDT - some questions

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:33:01 CST 2008

The big reason I prefer the CDT over the PCT is that the trail varies
from single track, to FS road, to county rd, to cross country, etc.  I
also LIKE the fact it's not a single track from Mex to Can.  IMO,
following a single track 2700 miles, gets monotonous.  I like to use my
head from time to time.  It tests you.   It's equally as scenic, if not
more so.

Also, perhaps most importantly, the wildlife on the CDT blows the other
trails away.  It's incredible.

YMMV,

Sly