[Cdt-l] LNT: fwd: wildlife that I encountered along the Continental Divide Trail

Kris Strromberg campomp at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 13:58:56 CST 2008

loved many of these pictures, but can't believe he let a chipmunk "help
clean out his mug"- which was crusted with glop.  Don't let wildlife
get your food- they will no longer be wild.  Also, he clearly had moved
a rock just to see what was underneath.  Many of these alpine areas are
very sensitive and have a low tolerance to disturbance.  I think
handling herps probably stresses them out, but I'm a LNT freak when it
comes to the wilderness biosphere (I try to avoid stepping on lichen
when possible- they grow 1 mm per year).  But seriously, this is  basic
stuff here.

Done ranting,
Wasa
PCT 08