[Cdt-l] 1. GPS recommendations Andy West

andy.hiker at ntlworld.com andy.hiker at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 31 05:57:14 CST 2008

Hi all
Just to say I used a garmin 60csx on my sobo hike. It was great for all the reasons mentioned so far. I placed waypoints along the whole route....for when I got lost. It gave me peace of mind as I was solo on my first big hike.
Take care to load all the correct maps....and allow for some extras. You may need to bail off the trail. I was off my Garmin maps on a few occasions, and off the Ley maps on many occasions, but also carried Delormes that helped  loads, even in NM!
Good luck
Andy