[Cdt-l] Crazy Person Sleeping Bag (tm)

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:15:48 CST 2008

Courtesy of a user of the PCT IRC channel I present you with the Crazy
Person Sleeping Bag. Do you find yourself looking... almost normal on
the trail? Do you find this unacceptable? Would you like to look like
a jedi whenever possible? This is the bag for you!

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/kifaru/kifaru9.html

In all seriousness I'm surprised its so light for having so many
zippers. 2 pounds 7 ounces isn't that bad for a bag as elaborate as
that... and it would allow you to eschew an insulating layer... of
course, you probably couldn't fit a wet weather top over that, unless
it was a poncho. And it seems a bit risky to be doing that kind of
thing with your sleeping bag.

I have no intention of buying this, not do I even think its a
particularly great idea. But hey, you guys are pretty crazy. I bet I
see someone on the trail some day wearing this thing...

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page for the guy wearing it like
a robe. Priceless.