[Cdt-l] northern terminus start

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Sat Mar 1 22:46:15 CST 2008

You can start at Belly River (which is on the US side, within walking
distance of the US/Can border crossing on the road), head over Stoney
Indian Pass (which is generally WSW), and link up to the Waterton Lake
route along the Waterton River. You can just head south from there...
or, if you want to, head north about 4.6 miles to Waterton Lake, or
another 3.6 to the US/Canada border along Waterton Lake. I believe it's
another few miles north to the lodge and such.

The scenery over Stoney Indian Pass, and the approach to it from Belly
River, is first-rate... as is much of Glacier National Park of course...