[Cdt-l] Great Divide Basin water report...

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 10:17:29 CDT 2008

Hmmm - not so.  The BLM updates their water page AT MOST once a month, usually once a year. And that update is usually a month or more late -if it happens at all.  Problem is that even if they have the information, their website updates are outsourced and the water info is low on the update priority list. Their having the information is also problematic in that it depends on whether they have interns to send out to check the water sources - and whether the interns know what they're doing.  In 2006, we hiked through the Basin several days after the interns had been there - and the information they reported was totally screwed.  And then the website never got updated anyway.   The BEST water information is what's reported by hikers on CDT-L or in the trail register at South Pass.  That is, IF anybody cares enough about their fellow hikers to actually report it.  Second (or maybe third) best would be the historical information available on our website (http://spiriteaglehome.com/cdt06%20BLM.html ).  That won't tell you what the situation is right NOW, but it might give you some idea of what the situation was in previous years.  Haven't had any reports this year to update the page, but if somone puts info on cdt-l - or sends it directly to me, I'll update the page ASAP.  BTW - Morton's Neuroma - I'm going to try to get a shot this morning (combination cortisone and anesthetic).   You might want to tell your friend to try it first.  My understanding is that it works great for some people and not at all for others. I'll let you know how it goes. If it works it'll beat the hell out of surgery.  Walk softly, Jimhttp://www.spiriteaglehome.com> Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:24:24 -0700> From: jonathan at phlumf.com> To: cdt-l at backcountry.net> Subject: [Cdt-l] Great Divide Basin water report...> > FYI, the BLM in Lander keeps the following page updated, you might want > to check it out before you head to the basin this year:> http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/programs/special_areas/Continental_Divide/watersrc.html> > _______________________________________________> Cdt-l mailing list> Cdt-l at backcountry.net> http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/cdt-l