[Cdt-l] Shoes

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Thu Sep 11 16:46:54 CDT 2008

In addition to my previous email, make sure the shoes are not too tight.  My shoes are at least 1/2 size larger in length, and wide.  I put a thin layer of Hydropel on each foot each morning before hiking.  Since I used to get blisters on my heels, I do a little preventative maintenance there, placing Moleskin on heels, securing it with Leukotape.

I use only one pair of medium to heavyweight Smartwool socks with either the Merrill Chameleons or New Balance 908s.

Good luck.

Tom
The Incredible Bulk