[Cdt-l] GPS thoughts

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:04:12 CST 2009

LOL -

Ron

>given the lack of tread and signage on so much of the CDT ???

We had less than 5 of those moments on the entire trail.  Maps and paying attention to

ones relationship to the terrain is all it takes to avoid them - except for burn areas (1)

and following pink ribbons (new - and unfinished - trail).  But we were never in less than

secure hiking mode. Attitude - it's in the attitude, not in the GPS.

Walk softly,

Jim

PS - we didn't carry one the last two trips - and won't for the next one. But... YMMV

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/