[Cdt-l] Snowshoes--or Not

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Thu Dec 24 00:54:55 CST 2009

Hi, Dan!

We routinely snowshoe the high sierra and have since 1982. Among other skills, it is what we teach thru hikers to do. Please take a quick read of http://postholer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=744 where we talk about "Snowshoes thru the High Sierra--or Not."

If you have any further questions, drop us an email or attend one of our free Snow Course skills training weekends this winter, here in South Lake Tahoe. We'd be happy to show you what works and what doesn't and why, then you can decide for yourself if and what you might want to buy for your thru hike.

Ned & Juliee Tibbits
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca