[Cdt-l] Cdt-l Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2

Jim Eagleton eagleton at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:08:49 CST 2009

I think the bus from Alamosa to Denver and the shuttle from East Glacier to Waterton/Chiefs Mt are a given.  Last year the best way to get from East Glacier to Denver was by Amtrak to Seattle and Alaska Air to Denver.  It is important to find discount airlines that will give reasonable one way fares a short time out.   Unfortunately, the fare structure changes all the time, and flying to Minneapolis and taking Amtrak the other way may be just as good next summer.  I don't remember the relative fares to Spokane; it may have been that the late night arrival time was not desirable.

 East Glacier has an Avis counter, but one way rentals are not usually cost effective for one.

Just because I thought of it, does not make this flip a good idea.
Rambler