[Cdt-l] Denver to Glacier

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:51:34 CST 2009

Wow, that's a really good price on a flight into Kalispell.

Kalispell *is* the closest airport to Glacier, but the problem is getting to
East Glacier from Kalispell.  One-way car rentals are usually quite
expensive, even for a 90-mile distance.  The hitch from Kalispell to East
Glacier is a really tough one (at least from the stories I've heard).

Spokane seemed like a good choice for me, simply for the fact that it's the
closest city with both a major airport and an Amtrak station with a direct
route to East Glacier.  When choosing your transportation to East Glacier,
it's important to know that the last leg of the trip -- actually arriving in
East Glacier -- should be an important consideration.

Good luck with your travel plans!

yogi