[Cdt-l] Hiking with a dog

dan kayser yoyodadio at msn.com
Tue Jan 6 09:29:38 CST 2009

I haven't heard a lot about hiking with dogs.  I am thinking of getting a dog and would like to be able to take it on hiking trips.   I would like to hear from those that have hiked (short & long distances) with their dog.  What are the pros and cons?  How did you train and/or acclimate your dog to hiking?  Is there a certain breed or type of dog that is better suited for hiking?  Any input (good or bad ) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan (Molasses)