[Cdt-l] Permits

joseph beals bealsjw at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 18:00:52 CST 2009

I tried to give yellowstone advance notice, but I was told that it would be useless.  I called from Dubois and had no trouble what-so-ever.  The problem I encountered was shorter mileage days, my fault.  In glacier I didn't have any trouble either, but we poached most campsites anyway.  This seemed to be common practice since we had 10 or so people at one of our sites.  Just remember that not having a permit is going to be more a severe repremand/punishment than being off schedule.  -Redbeard