[Cdt-l] Town Reports: Augusta and Darby

zhiqiang at berkeley.edu zhiqiang at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 17 16:58:59 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm in the library at Darby right now using their free Internet access.
Would like to let you all know more about these two towns, because they've
treated me so well.

Augusta, MT
Internet: At the community library. Monday to Friday, hours vary. You can
pick up free books at the library too.
Camping: Free dry camping at the American Legion Park.
Cell phone coverage: Between the cemetary and the dump, 1 mile outside of
town.
But yeah, hitching back into Benchmark would suck.

Darby, MT
I'm in town for Logger Days. Yes, the motels are all sold out but I
managed to get a pretty sweet camping deal. The Wilderness Motel and RV
Park has split in two. It's now the Mountain Spirit Inn and the Bitterroot
Hide-a-way RV Park (different owners). The RV Park owner won't rent out
the bunkhouse beds, but you get access to bunkhouse facilities if you
camp. That's laundry, showers and kitchen. I managed to find stuff at the
People's Market to make lemon chicken and pad thai for dinner last night.
Oh, I love this town already, and Logger Days hasn't even started yet!

Oh yes, check out Cafe Luna on S Main Street if you're in Butte. I had a
great time hanging out there during the National Folk Festival. It's right
across the road from the Pekin noodle shop and Silver Dollar Saloon.

Cheers,
ZQ

--
http://bawt.org/zq/