[Cdt-l] Silver City on Crazy Cook Route Water Report

Philip Hough nowhere_man97 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 13 12:40:19 CDT 2009

Hi,

For anyone crazy enough to start even later than us from Crazy Cook (we're only going to Spring Creek Pass and want to hit the San Juans when plenty of snow has melted, but this made for a hot walk from Crazy Cook to Lordsburg).  We cahced water at teh 5 BLM boxes, plus where the trail crosses Hwy 90.  There is some water left at each location, from 1 to 6 gallons.  Either water we had left over or water left in "Reliant" containers by someone else, probably a trail angel.  No gurantees how long any is there.  At highway 90 the jug is under teh large tree just north of the gate just north of teh highway, you'll see it.  Can't report on too many of the tanks - as we had enough of our own water to get us through, but most were off trail or had greenish water.  A couple had spigots, notably one that was about 9 miles north of highway 9.  Not many CDT markers, lots of cross country travel, which was nice in its own special way. Silver City is a neat little town!

PH

Phil Hough
nowhere_man97 at pocketmail.com
nowhere_man97 at hotmail.com
Home (208) 255-2780
Cell (208) 946-9127

Check out our website:  www.WalkingCarrot.com for hike updates

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand"  - Chinese Proverb