[Cdt-l] In Lincoln

Chris Willett CWillett at pierce.ctc.edu
Tue Jun 30 17:40:25 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Just a quick note. I'm in Lincoln after a great hike down from East Glacier.  I started after ADZCDTKOP on June 15 (we even had a band!). GNP was fantastic, but the Bob and the Scapegoat were even better. Except when I got lost after Lewis and Clark Pass due to stupid route finding on my part. I ended up bushwhacking down Bartlett Creek and, fortunately enough, ran into Aaron  along the side of MT200. He'sgot another couple of days of medication before he can get  back on trail.  The main group is a day or two behind me, and Stilts is now a shocking 4 days in  front.  There is still a lot of snow at Dean Lake/Switchback Pass and along then Chinese Wall.  Great conditions overall.  There were some large avalanches this winter and many sections of trail will need to be rebuilt. But, things are passable for those on foot.  Tomorrow I leave for Anaconda. For now, though, I have beer to drink, pickles to eat, and a date with a 1/2 lb cheeseburger. Oh, and AMC has been having a 80s marathon, with 48 hours,Strips, and who knows what later on. Maybe I'll even sneak in a can or two of Steel Reserve, but I've become a fan of Carlo Rossi of late. Ah, the pleasures of town...

Suge