[Cdt-l] Creede vs. Lake City

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:14:49 CDT 2009

When we passed through Silverthorne in 2006 we stayed at a motel (Super 8 I think) that was on the edge of Silverthorne and Dillon.  It was handy in that it was about a mile from the grocery and outdoor store and the bus to the PO ran right in front.  The nearest decent restaurant was the Dillon Dam Brewery.  We got our usual big burger and bear there and IIRC, they were both quite good.  I was amazed at the number of brewpubs along the CDT.  Nice to have the list.  As to Steamboat, there's a great little burger & beer place off the main drag on a side road called Three Z's where the locals go. On our first thruhike we asked a Forest Ranger in Mt. Zirkel where to go to get the biggest baddest most juicy and fattening burger in town - he sent us to Three Zs.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/