[Cdt-l] Callous responses

lwgear at juno.com lwgear at juno.com
Fri Mar 27 10:46:59 CDT 2009

Hey, thanks to everyone who volunteered their experiences with trying to heal up a cracked callus on my heel. I went to CVS today and looked at both Aquaphor and Amlactin, both over-the-counter stuff. Both are quite pricey for the 8 oz. size (like $16) but as Nitro noted, the Aquaphor comes in a smaller size. Aquaphor evidently uses a vaseline-type product ("petrolatum") whereas the Amlactin has a different approach, using lactic acid to create an acidic lotion. I'm guessing that creates a sandpaper-like environment that literally dissolves away dead skin, so I'm going to give that a try. (I figured anybody can do vaseline.) I'll let you know how it goes....lynne whelden