[Cdt-l] CDT markers

Teresa Ellis tomteresa89 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:47:37 CDT 2009

Hi Eric,
We just finished the section from Crazy Cook Monument to Lordsburg. The Trail is indeed marked along the foothills and, for the most part, quite adequately. There are places where the markers (4x4 posts supported by rocks) are down. We put back up as many as we could find that were down but probably missed a few. The BLM has marked the trail to Lordsburg. Sometimes it takes eagle eyes to find the signs but they are there.Be aware that cattle and/or wind may knowck them down. We observed that the signs were all aimed in the direction that you need to be looking towards so, if you can't see one in the next 1/4 mile or so, head in that direction and you will eventually see another. They can be as mcu as 1/2 mile apart.

Our group is extremely indebted to the BLM folks who made the effort to amrtk the trail. It has been a Godsend for all of us hikers. THANK YOU!

T-, Dr. Bob, Disco Dan, and Black Snake