[Cdt-l] Wyoming - Stock Driveway?

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:40:08 CST 2010

You run into them several places on the CDT, including Colorado.  Sheep and/or cattle are allowed to graze the high country and are brought in via the stock driveways.  For CDT hikers, when the trail follows a stock driveway, it means following a cairned route that is pretty easy to follow but may not have a single treadway, just a wide open meadow.  The Wolf guidebooks will tell you when you're following a stock driveway.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/