[Cdt-l] Kicking cairns

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 20:55:56 CST 2010

>>I can't remember
exactly but in one section in northern NM, it appeared all the 2-3 foot
high cairn had been knocked over.  Since there were so many, I
questioned whether it had been done deliberately or by snow/ice melt,
but what was erect in '02 were knocked down in '07.<<

Three words: COWS COWS COWS!

Sounds like maybe the stretch from Ojo de los Indios over the mesa toward Rio Puerco, ie part of the New Mexico Mountain Club adopted "cairned route."