[Cdt-l] GPS trail track

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Sat Mar 27 19:48:46 CDT 2010

use GPSBabel - it's free and is used by lots of other programs under the covers. Their new GUI version works well too. www.GPSBabel.org

Ken
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Trekker4 at aol.com
  To: jackrichardson at roadrunner.com ; david.booth at internode.on.net ; cdt-l at backcountry.net
  Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 5:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Cdt-l] GPS trail track

  Gents,
      I appreciate your help, but nothing works so far:  1. Starman's files are .gpx, which my PN-40 will import; I already had them; however, I get an error message about a "parsing" problem on all his files.  2. I find no gps tracks on the BLM site, but I'll look again.  3. I had JLey's routes, but none of them follow the "official" route thru Lordsburg.  4. On Google Earth I have a green route that follows the "official" route from CC to the Burros; however, it's a .kml/.kmz file, which my PN-40 won't import apparently. I also don't know how to get it off GE to put it somewhere else anyhow; copy & paste ends my knowledge, and didn't work. I can't find GE's "My Places" under GE in Windows Explorer.

  Bob "Trekker"
  Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
  Naturalized Citizen - Republic of Texas