[Cdt-l] Chama Steam Locomotive back to Trail Deal

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Wed May 26 13:10:03 CDT 2010

Hey CDT'ers.!
The Cumbres-Toltec Railroad has extended a deal to us!
For $25 bucks you can ride a genuine Steam Locomotive from Chama back up to Cumbres Pass.
This is a third of what they normally charge!
The ride takes you through canyons and over 2000 feet of elevation gain!
They set this up just for us. You just need to give them notice/buy your ticket 24 hours in advance so the conductor knows to stop at Cumbres pass for you.
The train runs everyday of the week and leaves at 10 AM sharp.
The ticket should read:
Half Trip 2: Chama to Osier Roundtrip

Just disregard the roundtrip part it is just how they have to input it into the computer.
Wow! I am gonna ride a real 1800's coal fired steam locomotive back up to the trail!
I know hitching is free but for $25 bucks the train kicks butt!
The ride is just over an hour long so you should reach Cumbres Pass after 11 AM.
Cheers and "All Aboard!"-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek