[Cdt-l] Anaconda/Butte

Sage Clegg sageclegg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 16:15:44 CDT 2010

Hi everyone! Is anyone south of Butte/Anaconda still? I am driving by & wanted to see if I could catch any of you wonderful hikers. I finished up at the Cheif Mountain terminus on the morning of the 31st. The mountains of Glacier were all frosted in fresh snow but all the trails are passable. I hope you all get better veiws than Iceaxe & I had on our permited day for the highline (full whiteout, waaaa). I talked to a friend who has done quite a bit of mountaineering in the park & he said there is a pretty cool off-trail alternate to swiftwater pass. You go up to iceberg lk. From many glacier & over iceberg notch then down to the trail just north of Ahern Gap. Sounded cool. The views from Stoney Indian pass were amazing & the Belly river was the perfect last night on the trail, though I did miss not having a register to read & sign at my terminus.
    I want to send a HUGE thankyou to everyone who helped me along on this hike. What an amazing journey through spectacular wild country. I will never forget the kindness people poured out into my life- thank you for restoring my faith in humanity!
   To everyone still hiking, I hope your adventures are unfolding well & I am sending you happy trail vibes from a minivan speeding accross Montana. I am covering what took me 15 days to hike in less than 4 hours. Wow. take your time finishing up- the front country is really not all that cool.
Happy trails my hiking friends!
Much love,
Sage
Sent on the go from my Peek
Footsteps For Sandall
Hiking for the Emily Sandall Foundation
Supporting wild & creative childhoods worldwide!
Emilysandall.org