[Cdt-l] Great Divide Trail

Alistair and Gail Des Moulins aandg at telusplanet.net
Wed Feb 16 15:27:57 CST 2011

Brooks and others

For some historical weather related data use the following link to see the
variability of weather that you can expect in the Canadian Rockies.
http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/menu_e.html?timeframe=1&Prov=AB&StationID=9999&Year=2011&Month=2&Day=15

There is data for the towns of Banff and Jasper and also Yoho National Park
in British Columbia. These places are at around at elevations from 4000' to
4500' and you'll be travelling across passes at 7500' so some allowances
will need to be made. You can get the high and low and precipitation for
each day in any month for many years ( a month at a time ).

I'd not start the trail from the south end before June. Some passes may not
be snow free before mid July. In early July 1999 the Banff Jasper Highway
was closed for a day due to a foot of new snow at 6800' Bow Summit!

Alistair