[Cdt-l] The bob this year!

Andrew Rivers funkwithoutjunk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:32:18 CDT 2011

    Hello all! I just returned from a day hike in the Scapegoat (south
of the bob) today. Climbed Red Mountain, which is Lewis and Clark
counties high point. Solid snow level started between 6500 and 7500
feet depending on the face of the slope. From the top of the mountain
the river valleys looked cleared out, which is where most of the CDT
is in the Bob. I think there is no reason to believe that hiking
through the Bob in mid-june to mid-july will be an issue. There will
be snow and high water, but it will be amazing! I am sincerely jealous
of every person hiking this year and wish you all the best.
   One thing me and my roommate (d=rt) talked about last week was the
possibility of doing a flip flop, hiking from Butte to Glacier, then
bouncing back to Butte. It would buy hikers some time, and may be
something to consider if you are on a time strain. No matter what, it
will be a great trip, and I wish you all the best!

Shaggy