[Cdt-l] Crampons and Ice Axe: when to chuck the weight

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:35:10 CDT 2011

I can't tell you how much I would love to send home my ice axe and crampons
and now that the skies have turned to overcast, with a slight drizzle and
lightning in the evening, I would love to send the conducting elements home.
But, obviously this is a big snow year and up north near Steamboat, even
bigger.....
It looks like I am completely solo leaving Salida this afternoon, as a
package I was expecting is....well, you know how it goes, not quite here
yet. And being solo with questionable weather and questionable snow details
I will ultimately choose the easier lower elevations if the route allows,
especially since in my opinion, all of Colorado is absolutely stunning and
the lower I am the more wildflowers there will be!
So, would you think, given the year, I may regret the decision?.....(I'm not
a peak bagger, so I don't plan to summit the big guys if the trail doesn't
require it.)
Thanks for the advice!
speedstick

--
*To find out more about Mary and her hike along the 3,000 mile long
Continental Divide Trail please go to*: www.marriedtothetrail.com